Assisting 80 million people in around 80 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
Logistics Cluster Assessment for Ethiopia
The Logistics Capacity Assessment (LCA) is a long-standing tool of WFP Logistics. Since 2008, it has provided an important source of information related to the logistics infrastructure and services in a given country. It is a tool for organising that information in a standard way across multiple countries and a means of sharing that information both within WFP and with the humanitarian community globally.
LCAs provide logisticians with fundamental, baseline logistics information, to ensure the following objectives can be met:
- Support for Contingency Planning activities
- Preparation of Emergency Response Operational Plans
- Improving resource requirements assessments at planning stage of an emergency response
- Reducing overall response time and accessibility in the delivery of humanitarian aid
- Decrease cost of transportation at onset and over the course of the operation
- Facilitate the transition from Relief to Rehabilitation and Development
- Provide detailed briefing material for relief staff unfamiliar to the region