EMAA will set achievable measurable goals for the Maritime Administration. Towards this end the existing statistical data in Ethiopia and the historical international data for the following will be ascertained:
- To plan, coordinate and enforce requirements so they result in the transport operations and movement of goods in import and export sectors becoming more economical.
- To reduce waste and cut costs by better coordination with the concerned government bodies.
- To seek ways and means for the promotion and development of marine transport.
- Ensure the availability of uninterrupted resource of skilled man power in the maritime sector for the country.
- To implement obligations and rights of Ethiopia under international maritime conventions.
Further it is the objective of the Director assisted by his Deputy that all departments at EMAA are organized, re-organized (where required) to run EMAA in an efficient well organized manner resulting in:
- 100% compliance of the maritime sector with international safety, environmental and security standards.
- Use the information from compiled data by analysis to appreciate risks and implement measures to mitigate risks.
- Run a customer-focused organization, meeting customer requirements and striving to exceed customer expectations. Feedback will be analyzed.
- Leadership will promote higher management standards by training, exposure and keeping track of competencies to create and maintain the internal environment in which EMAA staff can become fully involved in achieving the organization’s objectives.
- Utilize System approach to achieve set goals in meeting the EMAA policy and work toward achieving the vision more efficiently by ensuring needed resources and activities are managed as a process; integrating interrelated processes for a given objective.
- Insist on Continual Improvement as a permanent objective of the organization. Non Conformities, performance measures, risk analysis and lessons learnt from exercises and actual instances to be 100% monitored and analyzed.
- Follow a factually informed, reason driven approach to decision making based on the analysis of data and information.
- Identify and select mutually beneficial relationships with outsourced processes including other institutes in the maritime industry and the shipping companies by dynamic and involved leadership from EMAA.